The Classic Collection
Punch Romaine 1870'S
The history of this punch can be traced back to the 1790s. Its popularity was such that it even featured in a Swedish cookery book published in 1808! We have famous French chef Auguste Escoffier to thank for this version, which was famously served as a stand-alone sixth course to first-class passengers on the night the Titanic sunk.
Cocktail served as part of
the first-class menu on the night the Titanic sunk
- 1 Egg White
- 25 ml White Rum
- 20 ml White Wine
- 10 ml Sugar Syrup
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 20 ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 75 ml Moët & Chandon Brut Impérial
- Add the egg white, rum, wine, syrup, lemon juice and orange juice to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake.
- Mould some crushed ice into a ball and place in a large coupe.
- Pour the drink around it and top with Moët Impérial.
- Garnish with orange peel and serve with a smile.
DISCOVER OUR COLLECTION OF CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS