Every Grand Vintage is unique and original, the Cellar Master’s free, personal interpretation in service of revealing the exceptional personality of singular vintage years.
Grand Vintage 2009 perfectly embodies the Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage spirit, a spirit founded on three essential values:
- Freedom of interpretation
- Selection of the year’s most remarkable wines
- Individuality of the vintage
For champagnes distinguished by their maturity, complexity and charisma.
Pinot Noir takes centre stage in 2009. The wine’s airy elegance provides the backbone of the vintage and the proportion of Pinot Noir has not been this high since 1996.
59% of which 19% red wine
Dosage: 5 g/litre
Aging period in cellars: 7 years
Aging after disgorgement: 6 months minimum
A luminous colour:
- Deep rose with hints of topaz
- Coral reflections, beautifully dazzling
- A fine, persistent bead.
A fulfilling, appetizing bouquet
- The bouquet is delectably appetizing.
- Initial notes evoke scents of picking ripe berries under the summer sun: forest berries, wild strawberry, raspberry and currant rounded out with floral, botanical nuances of rhubarb, violet and cocquelicot bonbons.
- A touch of vanilla and pink peppercorn underscore the vintage’s full-fledged maturity.
A WARM, JOYOUS PALATE
The palate evokes joy, calling to mind a carnival with its twirling rides and children laughing over displays of sweets: marshmallows, hard candy, cotton candy and caramel apples. Then come notes of nutmeg, dried fig and black cherry. The Pinot Noir expresses itself with a light, airy elegance, a soft, gentle texture and a finish.
Place the bottle in a champagne bucket, fill with ice cubes and add water. Leave for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Take out the bottle, wipe it carefully, then gently pull away the black tab.
Unfasten the wire cage without removing it completely while keeping the cork in place with the thumb.
Grasp the base of the bottle and twist it gently away from the cork (rather than twisting the cork away from the bottle). Gently remove the cork.
Fill each glass two-thirds full. Ladies first, of course... and enjoy your guests enjoying the magic of Moët!